Congratulations to our 2022-2023 Fellows!
2022 - 2023 Policy Fellowship Information
The Mexican American School Boards Association (MASBA) is excited to launch the organization’s first policy fellowship. The MASBA Policy Fellowship is a one-year program dedicated to advancing awareness and advocacy on education issues impacting the Latina/o/x community.
The policy fellowship program has two positions. One position, that is centrally focused on monitoring and engaging the Texas Legislature and the other the State Board of Education.
Program dates are June 1, 2022 – May 31, 2023
Program pay is $15,000 per fellow.
If interested, please send your cover letter and resume to our Executive Director, Dr. Mary González, at email@example.com. Please indicate preference as to whether to focus on the Texas Legislature or the State Board of Education. Applications will be accepted until May 17, 2022.
- Monitor the Texas Legislature or State Board of Education
- Create informational materials for MASBA members
- Assist in the development of advocacy tools for MASBA
- Present oral or written public testimony as necessary
- Support necessary newsletter and social media communications
Who Can Apply?
- Master’s or Doctoral students in Central Texas
- Individuals with strong writing skills
- Demonstrated interest in Texas public policy
- A commitment to racial justice and the Latina/o/x community
- A one-year commitment is expected